Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I want to go to there.


blacksand beach, originally uploaded by blister gone.

Even though I had a bad back, I'm glad I lugged my camera all the way to Maui, drove a ton, and all the way down to the Black Sand Beach near Hana.

Believe it or not, very little enhancement was done to this photo. It really is this beautiful. Unfortunately, at the time I only brought my 20D and the 24L, which is about 35mm equivalent on full frame. So it wasn't very wide. I left my 10-22mm at home. Kind of glad, because this photo is actually made up of 4-5 photos stitched together. Giving me slightly more resolution than I normally would have captured.

I probably won't go back because the drive was just too long and painful (Road to Hana), I'd rather be doing something else. They say the drive is the best part - with all kinds of scenery and wildlife and such. Thing is, I grew up in Oregon, so it felt a lot like going on one of the many hiking trails here, by car.

I'll take the beach any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment