Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Font Creators - Props to you!

I don't know if many people realize that fonts are really an art form, and not an easy one at that. In addition to coming up with concept for a font, you need to craft it for all the upper and lower case letters as well as numbers and symbols. Most difficult of all, they need to be consistent in size and look. On top of that, they need to flow together in a certain way that they look uniform.

So, props to all you font makers out there.

I tried creating my own font tonight using YourFonts. I even cheated and used my trusty Wacom tablet to fill it in instead of printing and scanning.

The good news is, it completely fulfilled my expectations and then some. The bad news is, my expectations were very low. Here is my ugly font, I call it, Hearts:

Yes, I like hearts. They are neat. The world needs more lovin'.

Create a font and let's see what you come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment