Sunday, February 1, 2009

The 2009 Change Initiative


The year of Change
2009 will be a year of many changes. From our first black President who is well respected, to the many problems he must try to fix as President. He talked a lot about Change in his campaign, but also talked about us citizens to join in on the effort for change. If we want change in our society, it begins with the people in the society - and that's us.

I am thankful that I have a stable day job as a software developer (so far), and I'm thankful that I'm not one of the many thousands of people laid off this past week. I have the luxury of not worrying about my necessities. I have the luxury of not worrying about finding another job before my savings runs out. I feel very very blessed.

My true passion is in Photography. I had the hopes of transitioning my career from being a software developer over to being a full time photographer. However, with the economy in such a state, I'm not sure this is the best time to do so.

As such, I've decided to dedicate 2009 to charity work.

What does this mean?
It does not mean I will be shooting for free. I will only be charging a relatively small fee, with most of it going to other charity organizations. I will only be "keeping" what was expensed to do the actual shoot.

I am hoping this initiative will spark the change in you to give back to the community as well. I believe we all have different talents - and now is the best time to use your talents to inspire those around you to do more good in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment