Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Japanese Garden - Ripples of Reflection

It's important to keep things in perspective, to reflect on your life - and if you're dumb like me, you need some ripples to trigger that reflection. Been pretty down lately just because it feels like we've lost our way. Talked to Audrey earlier tonight, and the feeling was mutual. We both miss a lot of things we had at the beginning of our relationship. Things change, people change, we've both lost our way in the scramble of things.

Tonight, we reflected and reminisced about things that we missed, things that have changed, and things we would like to have back. This is so important because now we know what we need to do to make each other happy again.

This photo I took at the Japanese Gardens in Portland, Oregon reminded me of how important it is to step back from all distractions and reflect once in a while - where is my place in this world? What is wrong, and what is right in my life? How do I make it better?

Anyway, enough about my ramblings - this photo was taken with the D700 + 80-200 2.8 AFS, natural light. No strobist stuff today since I went on a free admissions day and it was insanely crowded. So much for going to the garden for peace eh?

Have a great day/week, until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment