Thursday, January 8, 2009

Missed Opportunity


Contrasty sky, originally uploaded by blister gone.

So I was at work, and I looked out my window. There was a huge dark cloud overhead, but near the edge of visibility just over the horizon, there was bright blue sky. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me. The only camera I had was a film camera loaded with B&W film. This scene needed color.

All I had was my phone.

The dynamic range is so bad on this thing, obviously not meant for landscape shots! Looking through the screen revealed that the dark cloud and the bright sky behind it was all one color: white. So I brought down the exposure as low as possible, and... you still can't really see it. It just made the whole scene muddy grey.

I'm going to start bringing my camera to work again. Ridiculous.


shot with LG env2 (VX9100)

No comments:

Post a Comment