Friday, March 13, 2009

My Super Heroes


My Super Heroes, originally uploaded by blister gone.

Well, it's been a while since I posted. A couple of my friends have asked me about how to do macro/product photography. Naturally, I pointed them to the Strobist Macro photography entry. Not having tried it myself, I decided to give it a go tonight.

The only difference here is, I have a black background, and slightly more control over my light in the lightbox. Of course, I was too lazy to actually construct one with a cardboard box, so I just winged it.

I used the black cloth that was used to ship my drobo in as the backdrop. I used tissue paper to surround the set so light will bounce around inside the area and provide even fill light. However, I didn't want that much fill light because of the nature of the scene. So I grabbed a piece of foam that was used to package my computer case in, and put it on top of a couple CD/DVD spindles for height. Then I used another tissue paper on top of that to soften it out a bit more. Then aimed my sb-800 down on one of the foam piece openings and fired a couple shots. That's it!

Here are the setup shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment